WAUKEGAN – The Lake County Sheriff’s Office recently concluded the first round of 2020 tobacco compliance checks. The checks were conducted at businesses that sell tobacco throughout Lake County. The compliance checks are intended to ensure businesses vending tobacco are not selling to anyone under the age of 21.
Of the 64 establishments checked, five failed the compliance check.
Here are the establishments and clerks that were in violation:
• Citgo Gas, 27161 W. Grass Lake Road, unincorporated Antioch. Clerk: Wanda R. Nelson
• Citgo Gas, 41082 N. Route 83, unincorporated Antioch. Clerk: Wendy Updegraff
• Shell Gas, 41867 N. Route 41, Wadsworth. Clerk: Azhar Khan
• Puff-N-Stuff, 20370 N. Rand Road, unincorporated Palatine. Clerk: Nileshkumar S. Patel
• Lake Cook Smoke Shop, 20017 N. Rand Road, unincorporated Palatine. Clerk: Mohammad Asif
The businesses checked include those within the jurisdiction of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, or communities that contract with the sheriff’s office for policing services, not those within municipal city/village limits.
The compliance check detail was funded by a grant from the Illinois Department of Human Services – Division of Substance Use Prevention and Recovery.